For the typical Afro-textured or natural hair junkie, the goal is to achieve great, healthy hair. To have great and healthy hair, a healthy scalp is a must. With a healthy scalp, long, full and beautiful hair is only a bonus. All of this is dependent on how much work you put into making this a reality. What do you prioritize? What hair products do you choose? If not sure of the answers to these two questions, do not worry because we are here to help guide you through your journey of realizing the ultimate dream of great, healthy and natural hair.
H &A Hair Studio and Boutique has made it its mission to supply you with reliable, safe, 100% natural hair products, along with a personalized hairdressing experience that is guaranteed to meet every milestone you could hope to achieve for your healthy hair routine. This is why the Chevelure Naturelle pomade was invented.
So, what is the Chevelure Naturelle pomade?
This incredible creation was birthed with every natural hair junkie in mind. Whether you have curly, wavy or coily hair, this pomade is guaranteed to satisfy your hair need as it keeps the hair completely moisturized and the scalp healthy enough to support new growth.
How to use the Chevelure Naturelle pomade?
Before you apply this wonderful product, ensure that your hair and scalp are well-hydrated. You can do this by either damping your hair with water or by adding a little bit of a leave-in conditioner. You can then proceed to use your fingertips to scoop a tiny portion of the buttery pomade at a time and apply it to your scalp. Massage the pomade into your scalp until it is fully absorbed. The product is great because it adds more moisture and make sure that moisture is retained to nourish your hair.
Let’s discuss the ingredients
Being curly-haired is a challenge. This hair texture is known to be dry and it needs constant moisturizing to help evade breakage, split ends, damage, frizz, tangles, and knots. Compounding this with the issues that arise from any unhealthy scalp, there are many factors that will need to be addressed for any oil, pomade, or butter to qualify as a great moisturizer.
This is why we make the H&A Hair pomade with the best butter and oils to help you achieve any hair and scalp goal you may wish to accomplish. It is made from shea butter, jojoba oil, and two of the best-known essential oils, which are Peppermint and Rosemary oils.
The benefits of Shea butter to scalp and hair
Shea butter is a nutrient-rich butter extracted from the shea nuts, which are widely found in West Africa. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties, making it ideal for use on skin, hair, and scalp. This African shea butter is by far the best butter for any natural hair care routine. It is especially great for those who follows the L.O.C/L.C.O methods. If you have not already included shea butter in your moisturizing hair arsenal, here are few reasons why you should:
· It has been known to soothe any irritated scalp due to its anti-inflammatory properties. This is so because it is easily absorbed into the scalp to provide relief from conditions like dandruff without clogging the pores.
· It is a great moisturizer that provides an occlusive barrier to the hair, thus minimizing the loss of moisture and natural oils. However, it should be applied to damp hair for better results.
· Due to the presence of fatty acids, it promotes hair growth when massaged into the scalp by promoting blood flow. It also minimizes breakage, which accounts for most stunted hair-growth issues. This means less breakage and more retention of any new growth.
· It defines or intensifies curl patterns, smooths and softens hair, and reduces frizz, tangles, and knots.
The benefits of Jojoba oil on hair and, scalp.
Much like shea butter, Jojoba oil is an extracted oil that comes from the crushed beans of the jojoba shrub. They are mostly found in the South Western regions of America and Mexico. This odorless oil is a great emollient that contains anti-fungal properties that are necessary for healthy hair and scalp.
Jojoba oil is also rich in B vitamins; Vitamin C, E; Copper; and Zinc. This richness makes the oil ideal for people with fine, weak, brittle, and damaged hair. Here are some of the benefits of using this oil:
· First, it is a great moisturizer. It has the resemblance of the sebum that is excreted from the scalp and acts as a natural oil. Another reason why it is a great moisturizer is because it is easily absorbed into hair follicles and the scalp.
· Due to its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, it is ideal for balancing hair pH and reducing scalp issues like psoriasis, dandruff, and eczema.
· The oil improves hair manageability by smoothing out frizz, softening hair, detangling it, and keeping it moisturized for extended time periods.
· Finally, the oil stimulates hair growth by promoting blood flow to the scalp.
The benefits of Peppermint essential oil.
Peppermint essential oil is another extracted that comes from the aromatic peppermint plant (Mentha piperita.) it is an herb in the mint family and its oil is minty in scent and flavour. It is widely used in the cosmetics and food industry. When it comes to hair and scalp treatment, this oil can do no wrong. Here are some of the benefits of Peppermint essential oil:
· It is a vasodilator. When the scalp does not receive enough blood flow, baldness and hair loss are inevitable. Vasodilators like those in menthol, help stimulate blood flow, thus reducing hair loss.
· It has anti-inflammatory properties. These healing properties make this oil perfect for an inflamed and irritated scalp.
· It has antimicrobial properties, which helps kill bacteria and fungi in the hair.
· It is an Analgesic in that the oil relieves pain so effortlessly on your injured scalp and makes scalp injuries obsolete.
Benefits of Rosemary essential oil.
This is yet another extracted oil that comes from the rosemary plant. It is an aromatic oil with a plethora of benefits for hair. According to this study, this oil is compared to minoxidil, which is a chemical used in medicinal drugs to reduce baldness and hair loss. In some instances, Rosemary has been shown to work better than minoxidil as a hair growth during its usage is achieved without the side effect of itchy scalp experienced by minoxidil users. Here are the benefits you can expect from a consistent usage of rosemary oil:
· Rosemary essential oil contains carnosic acid. This acid in the rosemary plant helps heal tissue and nerve endings on the scalp, which in turn helps in hair regrowth.
· It is as effective as minoxidil. In two separate research studies, one from 2010 and another from 2011, it has been shown that people suffering from pattern baldness and alopecia experienced hair growth by using this essential oil.
· It has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. A study conducted in 2017 showed that it is an effective way to treat fungal and bacterial infections from the scalp, thus minimizing hair loss stemming from an unhealthy scalp.
The best thing about the H&A Hair Pomade is the ingredients used to make the product. They are mixed together to produce a great quality product. They were carefully formulated to maintain their organic properties, which are great for skin, scalp, and hair. In all, they are guaranteed to give the user all the benefits that one stands to gain.
It should be noted that one should never use any essential oil in its raw form as it can cause allergic reactions due to its high levels of potency.
You can find our premier hair product on our website, where you can also read our testimonials. Please check us out on Instagram and be the judge of what you want to feed your hair. We wish you great luck in your natural hair journey!
We would love to hear your experience in the comments box below. And stay tuned for our next post!